Graymont is North America’s second largest supplier of lime and lime-based products. Founded in 1948, it is a family owned, private enterprise headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia. We supply customers across the continent with high-quality lime products from a network of close to 20 locations spanning the United States and Canada.
Graymont’s Lime operations are focused on the production of high calcium and dolomitic lime and value-added lime-based products such as hydrated lime and precipitated calcium carbonate as well as pulverized limestone and construction stone. The Company also includes construction-materials operations, Materials, as well as a business that landfills construction and demolition refuse, Ecowaste, which operates from a single site in Richmond.
Graymont takes a long-term approach to business that is evident in its strong commitment to sustainable growth. We strive to be an industry leader and attain world-class performance in all aspects of its operations, particularly in the areas of workplace health and safety and environmental stewardship.
The Rexton project will also bring the employment opportunities to the area. Graymont intends to resume quarry operations at the previously mined Hendricks Quarry site in Garfield Township. Limestone from the quarry will be hauled by truck to the Sand Products Dock on Lake Michigan.
If future markets for limestone products show increased demand in the coming years, we may build a limestone processing facility at the Rexton site which would employ additonal people.
We believe every job should involve meaningful and challenging work. At Graymont, you can make a difference. We offer opportunities for those who work hard, strive to consistently contribute to the team, focus on safe and respectful behaviors and exhibit a desire to continually improve their skill sets and gain experience.
To attract and retain quality employees means we must reward people in the broadest way possible. At Graymont, you can improve your abilities through individual and team projects. We offer training and development opportunities to enhance your talents and expertise.
We believe that leadership skills can be acquired through hard work, dedication, and the desire to improve. Each year, we provide challenging development opportunities for those who aspire to take on greater responsibility. We support all of our employees through such resources as continuing-education assistance, extensive training and diverse skills-development programs.
• National Mining Association’s Sentinels of Safety Awarded to Plattsburgh Quarry
• Supervisor Tom Becker was recognized for supporting employees involved with the National Guard
• National Mining Association’s Sentinels of Safety Awarded to the Underground mine in Pleasant Gap Pennsylvania
• MSHA – “Certificate of Achievement in Safety Award” for Indian Creek – Montana Mining Association – Safety Plaque “Safe Work Practice Award” for Indian Creek
• Bedford and Marbleton jointly received the F.J. O’Connell Trophy for best performance and most significant improvements in health and safety in the category of surface operations, transportation and metallurgical primary processing.
• Marbleton AMQ Safety Award – Finalist in the ‘innovation’ category at the awards ceremony for the Grands Prix santé du travail of the CSST
• Celebrated four years without a lost-time incident and safe practices at the Chapelle Ste-Agnes vineyard.